The UCSF Professional Services Compliance team focuses on reducing the potential for error in documentation and billing for UCSF professional medical and health care services. We assist faculty, staff, and Departments with their understanding of and adherence to applicable University policies and federal and state laws and regulations.
We support the UCSF Mission and Code of Conduct by educating ourselves on the laws and policies as these apply to our roles as compliance professionals. We pride ourselves on being knowledgeable resources and for providing a mechanism to communicate concerns regarding compliance.
Examples of Our Activities:
- Oversight of operational compliance of professional medical and health care services
- Collaboration on electronic medical record system set-up
- Revenue cycle collaboration
- Medical Group Business Services (MGBS)
- Faculty Practice Organization (FPO)
- External coding vendors
- UCSF Departments
- Interpretation of rules and regulations
- Routine and focused quality reviews for professional services
- Training and education
- Compliance and coding queries and clarifications